Google

Vampire Mooose-Serenade The Samurai Album Review

Vampire Mooose (yes there are 3 O’s) is one of those rare bands that come along every now and then and redefine the genre. Korn did it in 1994 with the release of their self titled album and as we all know, reached the heights of super stardom by doing so. Sadly Vampire Mooose has not reached these heights and probably never will. How best can I describe the unique sound that is Vampire Mooose? While being an entity entirely their own, I guess I would say that Vampire Mooose is a mixture of The Dillinger Escape Plan, Meshuggah, Pantera and a Vampyric Moose (which according to the band is the meanest animal you could ever encounter). Being a huge fan of their first album, the release of their latest offering “Serenade the Samurai” was highly anticipated and I was not disappointed. You get the usual fare of off time and complex rhythm changes, excellent drumming, menacing vocals and the occasional jazz inspired moment but there is something different about this album, it seems that our boys are more focused this time and have truly found their sound with this release. This is one of those cd’s that you can listen to all the way through and then again. I can sit here and do a track by track review which we all know is boring so I’ll spare you but I will say this… Track 3 titled 1.21 gigawatts is one of the best songs I’ve heard in a very long time and alone, is reason enough to buy the album. Plain and simple the guys in Vampire Mooose brought their A game this time. If youre an old fan of the band then rest assured that while maintaining their ferocity and brutality, a whole new element has been brought to the table this time. This is thinking man’s metal folks, it’s intelligent, heavy, complex, haunting, catchy and at times dare I say beautiful. As I said before, sadly not many people know of the great Vampire Mooose but if anybody out there is ready for something new and exciting pick up “Serenade the Samurai”. I seriously can not think of one bad thing about this album, it gets 2 thumbs up, 5 stars, A+ whatever it’s just that damn good people. Buy this album…You’ll thank me later. 10/10

No comments: